Caring Tips for Your Floors!
The floors of a house take the brunt of our everyday activities and are usually the first surfaces to reflect wear and tear. And it also sets the tone of your home decor. Therefore, it is important to take good care of them. Here are some tips on how to care for different types of floorings.
Vinyl, Laminate & Engineered Timber Floors
- DAILY cleaning with vacuum cleaner, broom, damp cloth or mop.
- ALWAYS remove excess water on floor IMMEDIATELY.
- Remove normal stains with NEUTRAL detergent.
- NO wet-washing.
- USE soft felt pads under furniture legs and pads or plastic cups under chair legs to avoid scratches.
- USE a doormat in front of entrances to reduce the amount of dirt, grit and moisture brought to the floors.
- USE soft treads/rollers on rollers of office chairs, file trolleys and roller containers.
- DO NOT use rubber-backed or coco-fiber mats as they may cause yellow stains.
- AVOID exposure to direct sunlight to prevent discoloration of floors.
- DO NOT use steam cleaners.
- Damaged areas can be repaired by filling with a soft wax that matches the colour of the floor.
- Sanding of the floors can be done to completely renovate the engineered timber floor. Appropriate lacquer or oil products can be used for subsequent surface treatment.
REGULAR water washing is recommended.